Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The How To: Two-Tone Nail Trend Alert

I love nail polish. It makes me feel pretty and cool and it lets me wear colors I never would be able to otherwise. Neon yellow? Bring it on!

Lately the two-tone nails are all the rage. There is a crescent moon shape at the bottom of the nail in one color, and then another color on top. Check it out! 
Red Nail Art






Of course, being a total trendoid, I had no choice but to try it out for myself. This is what I came up with: 



What do you think? Cute, no? I think it's perfect for an evening look - law prom, here I come! It's actually really, really easy to create yourself. Here are my tools: 


The bottom color: "Gold Mine" by Revlon
The top color: "The One that Got Away" by Katy Perry for OPI 
And, of course, my trusty top coat!

I used the gold first and let it dry completely. Then I used these little dot sticker label things and put them on the bottom of my nail to serve as a stencil. Topped it off with just one coat of "The One that Got Away." Can't forget the top coat and then - voila!! - you're done. 

Readers: Do you like it? Do you think it's weird? What do you think about the whole nail art trend? 


4 comments:

  1. love it!!! youve come so far from those days of pale pink only. this makes me sooo happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It changes the look of your nail-shape. Very cool! I want to try it now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly it is so easy when you use those little sticker things! You should try it - and send me a picture of course! Be prepared for the compliments.

    ReplyDelete